Ready, Set, Cook!
Graves Foods is excited to announce our first recipe contest and we can’t wait to see what our talented customers have to bring to the table! Winning recipes will be featured on the Graves Foods Spring Summer 2021 Healthcare Menu!
The contest will run from December 1 to January 15. Register to participate and we’ll keep you up-to-date on the latest contest news, special resources and more.
- The entry must be of Spring-Summer theme and be ideal for service during the spring and summer months
- The entry must be replicable for other healthcare communities, hospitals and senior dining centers
- The entry must be scaled for 20 or more servings
- The entry must be submitted between December 15 and January 31
How to Participate:
The recipe can be for an entrée, vegetable side dish, fruit side dish, salad or dessert. Entries in multiple categories will be accepted. Submission rules apply to each individual recipe entry.
Submit the Recipe:
- The recipe can be for an entrée, vegetable side dish, fruit side dish, salad or dessert
- Recipe narrative – tell us about the recipe and why it is meaningful to you and the community you serve. The following questions can be used to guide your narrative but each question does not need to be addressed.
Why did you choose this dish?
What does it mean to you?
What does it mean to the community you serve?
Does the dish reflect your cultural history or the cultural history of your community?
How does it fit into the goals of your organization?
What was your inspiration for the dish?
- Include recipe ingredients and procedures for 20 servings or more
- Submit at least two photos: one of the dish/item and one with the food service team with the dish/item.
Healthcare Recipe Contest
One (1) grand prize: Community will enjoy a “Steak Dinner Bundle” courtesy of Graves Foods (sides & dessert included)
Two (2) finalists: prizes: Communities will enjoy a “Hamburger Cookout Bundle” courtesy of Graves Foods
Scoring and Selection Process:
Graves Foods will judge recipes submitted by applicants. The top five recipes will be tested by Graves Foods Chefs. The grand prize winner and finalists will be announced in March 2021.
Entries will be scored and points will be awarded in the following categories:
- Recipe Submission (5 points)
- Narrative (10 points)
- Recipe novelty, creativity, taste, suitability for healthcare (10 points)
- Photo demonstrating the final plating and presentation of the dish (10 points)