Jan 20, 2022
Do you like barbecue? Try this Asian-style barbecue steak recipe with ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- 2 beef sirloin tip side steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each) #13600
- salt and pepper
- chopped green onions (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- Add: Vegetable Fried Rice #37151
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145° F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve with reserved marinade.
Yield: 4 servings